We all want to be healthy, right? Well don’t think you’re healthy if you don’t take some form of regular exercise!. When exercising it is essential that you supply your muscles with enough protein to repair properly. A good source is from chicken or tuna, if you do not eat meat an alternative good option would be whey protein.
Each one of the following reasons to exercise listed below should be enough to get you more active right now!.
You need motivation and discipline to exercise, and of course time, but no doubt that it will be time well spent.
Whether or not its true that exercise adds years to your life, there can’t be any doubt that it will add life to your years! Its not difficult to include some form of exercise in your daily routine, and a home exercise routine is a great place to start.
The List of Reasons to Exercise – in no particular order……..
- Increased energy, stamina and strength – everyday challenges become easier, chores non-existent!
- Longevity – physically active people have a greater life expectancy.
- Weight loss/management – burn more calories than you take in and you will lose weight – simple!
- Reduced risk of stroke or heart disease.
- There are often no signs of high blood pressure, exercise strengthens your heart muscles enabling it to function more efficiently and so reduces the risks.
- Type II Diabetes – exercise can help prevent or control this disease which affects around 8% of the US population and is increasing rapidly.
- Stronger bones will help with preventing osteoporosis – walking, jogging, using weights, any weight bearing exercise will improve your bone formation.
- Exercise reduces stress – regular exercise reduces the production of the stress hormone, cortisol, and increases the ‘feel good’ endorphins.
- Increased self-esteem – the body releases chemicals while you are exercising that lift your mood.
- Managing Depression – exercise, and depression can sometimes be relieved without the need for medication.
- Sleep better – restful sleep is a result of feeling less stressed and more relaxed.
- Reduced risk of certain cancers – you can reduce the risk of breast and bowel cancer by being physically active.
- Improved appearance – toned muscles, better posture, a healthy glow.
- Its good for the brain – increased blood and oxygen flow to the brain and also certain chemicals may be responsible for improved cognitive function.
These reasons to exercise, emphasize the benefits of getting physical in midlife. Each one of these is individually a great incentive for making sure you include some regular exercise in your daily life. If you’re exercising to stay in shape and keep your weight in check, you’ll most likely find it helpful to read about weight loss without dieting.
Click the links below to see some heartwarming and inspirational tips & suggestions. They were all written by visitors to this page.
Regular Exercise Choices For People Over 50
As you age, regular exercise becomes more important to your quality of life than it was when you were young. If you have been active all throughout your …
Strength Training for Staying Strong No Matter What Age!
Strength training exercises have long been used by athletes and sports aficionados to improve their performance. In fact, if you compared a regular individual’s …
What You should Know about Cardio Exercise Equipment
Weight loss is an important topic in almost all online forums. Fitness gyms are enjoying huge growth in their memberships. Many consumer products are now …
Use Facebook to Comment on this Post