The many varieties of Maki, or sushi roll, fall into two main categories: small rolls (HOSOMAKI) and large rolls (futomakis), depending on whether one uses an entire sheet or a half sheet of nori.
These tips and tricks to succeed your Maki are derived from the Sushi vegetarian book, which is published in the Editions the beach of Brigid Treloar.
1. the movie food, aluminum foil or parchment can do the trick for rolling a maki, but nothing beats a bamboo mat. Well maintained, this cheap accessory will last long. Avoid cutting the makis to even the mat, for not in cutting links.
2. during the preparation of Maki, let the sheets of nori dry, well covered, otherwise they will absorb moisture and become hard to roll.
3. the nori retracts slightly in contact with wet rice. We will therefore ensure not to overfill the rolls do not have difficult to close them or cause them to burst.
4. you can color the rice using food colourings, beet juice, diced vegetables or chopped herbs.
5. five or six pads are sufficient in large rolls, and one or two small. If you want to make more, it will cut them into finer pieces to not pop the maki.
6. during the manufacture of Maki, use a basin of water vinegar regularly to prevent the rice from sticking to fingers.
7 to keep trim at the centre, it creates the fingertips a shallow furrow destined to receive them, from one side to the other, in the middle of the rice.
8. it serves with Maki in individual bowls containing the gari and soy sauce. According to tradition, using small bowls that it never fills completely. We in renews regularly the contents, throwing the remaining soy sauce as there are grains of rice unappetizing.
9 when the maki contains wasabi, it proposes extra for lovers. In principle, it does not associate the wasabi with vegetables pickled or preserved in vinegar, but it is a matter of taste.
10. the wasabi is not necessarily unanimity… It is therefore preferable to prepare a few makis which do not contain.
11. it consumes rolls at no later than 2 hours after have made them. Cutting Maki at the last moment and it covers food film to prevent the rice from drying out.
12. in order to vary the presentation, can cut rolls at an angle. Cut the roll in half, then each half into two. Slice then each piece in the Middle, at an angle of 45 °. For a nice presentation, it is these pieces vertically on the plateau.
Read also: vegetarian sushi, it’s better for health these tips and tricks to succeed your Maki are drawn from the Sushi vegetarian book, published by Éditions Brigid Treloar.Prix Beach: $ 9.95 find recipes vegetarian and gourmet Miss Pigut and all the good plans to simply switch mode “vege” in our magazine Hors Série vegetarian available in PDF or on iPad.
I bought the PDF version of the occasional vegetarian I buy the occasional vegetarian on iPad
Use Facebook to Comment on this Post