- Walking is a great form of exercise because it's free and easy.
- You can do it anywhere, at anytime, in any weather.
- Whatever your age or fitness level walking will help improve your fitness and overall health.
Walking As Exercise
If you aren't taking much exercise at the moment start by slowly increasing the distance you walk and also the pace. Doing this regularly, ideally for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week is the key to improving your health.
You will lose weight walking because it's an aerobic activity, which improves your cardiovascular fitness and maximizes weight loss, especially if you also follow these healthy eating tips.
Whether you are strolling, ambling, or walking briskly you can easily make changes that blend into daily life which are of great benefit to your overall health, and will help you to lose weight walking.
Why Walk? The Health Benefits of Walking
For such a simple and easy activity the benefits of walking are surprisingly good and much under-rated. Most of us walk at some time everyday, no matter what our age or fitness level. With a little extra effort walking can easily become much more effective in weight loss etc.
- Helps to reduce or maintain normal blood pressure
- Reduces levels of LDL or 'bad' cholesterol
- Reduces the risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- Improves your circulation
- Helps to maintain weight
- Strengthens and tones leg muscles
- Increases a sense of well being
- Walking improves mental health and leads to increased self-esteem
- Allows people of all backgrounds to engage with each other
- Helps to reduce weight and body fat
- Walking as exercise reduces stress levels
- Helps towards preventing osteoporosis by increasing bone density
- It doesn't require any special equipment or clothing
- You can do it alone or with friends and family
- Exposure to sunlight increases levels of vitamin D - essential for the maintenance of healthy bones and regulating the immune system
- You can walk almost anywhere
- It's environmentally friendly
- It doesn't cost anything
Do you still need convincing that you can lose weight walking? Let me encourage you by showing you how calories burned while walking can make a real difference!
Return from Lose Weight Walking to Healthy Lifestyle Success home page
Weight Loss Without Dieting? -So is eating to lose weight possible?Absolutely! What's more it doesn't involve complicated diet regimes or starving yourself of regular meals
Drinking Water To Lose Weight?Yes - Studies have shown that not only will you lose weight, but will be more successful at keeping it off.
Crazy Diets - Are You Really That Desperate? Do they work or are they weight loss for idiots?
Calories Burned While Walking?If you want to lose weight walking, knowing how many calories you've used can be a great motivator. Back to Healthy Lifestyle Success HOME PAGE