Minimize the risk factors you can control and learn about those you can’t
Why do we need Heart Healthy Tips? Because heart disease, or cardiovascular disease, is the major cause of death in women in the US and UK. This will likely come as a surprise to many of you, many people think cancer is the No.1 killer.
Commit to a heart healthy lifestyle TODAY.
OK, lets get started, these tips are all positive actions you can take to minimize the risks and causes of heart disease.
- Quit smoking – every single cigarette that you cut out will make a difference. There are other health risks of smoking apart from increased risk of heart disease.
- Eat a heart healthy diet – start by following these healthy eating guidelines healthy – there’s no need to follow the latest fad!
- Eat foods low in cholesterol and saturated fat, and free of trans fat.
- Enjoying exercise or getting active will keep your body functioning well by lowering blood pressure, increasing the ‘good’ cholesterol, and maintaining your weight – and that’s just for starters! Start ahome exercise routine – there’s no need to join classes or go to the gym.
- Lose weight – being overweight or obese puts you at greater risk. Check out how to calculate BMI, if it is 25 or higher you probably need to lose weight.
- Maintain a healthy weight – OK if you don’t need to lose weight or you have shed some pounds, now is the time to monitor your weight before it starts climbing up.
- Manage your blood pressure – high blood pressure or hypertension is the single most significant risk factor for heart disease (American Heart Association). Get it checked,follow the advice of your doctor and discover how to lower blood pressure.
- Reduce salt in your diet – pay particular attention to any processed foods you eat by reading the label!
- Limit your alcohol intake.
- Learn how to manage stress in your life – really we all need to do this, not just because its good for a healthy heart, we deserve a stress free life!
That’s it – short and simple heart healthy tips to help you reduce the risks of heart disease and live a healthier lifestyle.
Do you have any favorite Healthy Lifestyle Tips?. Please share them with us here!
Click the links below to see some heartwarming and inspirational tips &suggestions. They were all written by visitors to this page.
How to Find the Best Cardio Exercise Equipment for You
Do you plan to embark on a heavy cardiovascular program to help your body lose excessive weight? You are on the right track.Cardiovascular exercises …
Five Smart Food Alternatives for a Healthy Heart
A healthy heart is important for your overall health. Your diet has a tremendous impact on your heart health.If you’ve decided to change your diet …
Use Facebook to Comment on this Post