Quick Health Tips For Busy People Healthy Eating Fitness Health Issues
Readers Share Information
Subscribe To This Site
Healthy Herbs - Health Benefits of Little Known Herbs!
Healthy Herbs......many popular herbs are famous for their natural health benefits, so much so that they are becoming part of our everyday lives. In the West we have long known the benefits of the likes of St John's Wart and Echinacia.
But just because they are well known doesn't mean that there aren't a huge number of herbs that can provide us with big health benefits, many of whom we haven't necessarily heard of, or aren't aware of the health benefits attained from them.
Which is why we wanted to highlight a few of these lesser known herbs, and show you some of the hidden gems that you could get a lot of benefit out of.
Healthy Herbs - Health Benefits of Little Known Herbs
* Cat's Claw. This herb is capable of helping to boost the white blood cell count, allowing you to fight off illness far more efficiently. It also helps as natural remedies to deal with free radicals – dangerous molecules found everywhere that can cause cancer by mutating cells.
* Cascara Segrada. This herb is often used as a laxative. It is used when you are trying to cleanse a colon, remove a blockage or problem preventing you from relieving yourself or as a way of promoting good natural health by purging the body of it's toxins.
* Astragalus. Originally used as a stimulant in the same way that caffeine might be used (but without the jitters) astragalus has gone through a rise in popularity recently as initial investigations have shown that it may help reduce the ageing process...though this is yet to be proven.
* Bitter Melon (Kerela). The main health benefits of this little known herb is that is able to help people regulate their blood sugar levels. Perfect for those that tend to struggle with blood sugar issues.
* Terminalia Arjuna. Proven to be of benefit to many people that have problems with heart disease. It has been shown to help in the treatment of such cardiac issues as angina, edema and coronary arterial disease.
Obviously these are just a very small sample of the many herbs that can help boost our immune systems with natural remedies.
Healthy Herbs You Can Grow at Home:
For many people the idea of growing healthy herbs at home is a good one. It is a great hobby, it provides useful herbs and it helps save money...not much more you can ask for is there?
With healthy herbs though the question is always about which herbs you can successfully and legally grow at home. Thankfully there are actually a wide range of legal herbs that will thrive in such an environment and provide you with health benefit.
Healthy Herbs You Can Grow at Home:
* Sage. Often used in cooking for it's taste benefits, but it also has many health benefits, and is often sold by herbal suppliers in tea form. It is thought to work as an anti-inflammatory, aid memory, and to help the body sweat out any harmful toxins that it may have.
* Mint. Not the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to health benefits, but it is useful for more than just putting in drinks. It is thought to help relieve stress and clam a stomach. Perfect for those that suffer from stomach ulcers.
* Chives. Another herb more often associated with food than health properties, but chives are also very useful health herbs. They help deal with free radicals (damaging molecules that can cause cancer), reduce inflammation and much more.
* Goji Berries – aka Wolf Berries. Have become very popular in recent times for their ability to pas on health benefits such as slowing the ageing process, preventing cancer, aiding weight loss and more.
* Witch Hazel. Used in the treatment of acne for years it is now also used in helping against varicose veins, eczema and even haemorrhoids. A very powerful and versatile herb.
* Garden Cress. As well as being laden with minerals and nutrients to help boost the body's immune system, the garden cress you grow also has benefits to the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
* Kaffir Lime Leaves. Used in promoting good dental health and hygiene by aiding the gums and surrounding areas. Also cleanses the skin and hair to help promote health and boost the body's immune system.
Why not share your favorite tips on Healthy Herbs here!
Your Favorite Tips & Suggestions!
Do you have favorite tips or suggestions on this subject, if you do then we would love to hear from you!.
The information provided on this website is for reference purposes only. It is not intended as medical or professional advice.
Welcome! I'm Tiffany - fifty something midlifer - 20 years experience! This site is packed with advice and information to help you get the most out of life by becoming, healthier, fitter, happier and ultimately taking you to a more satisfying future. C'mon, let's do it together!