The medical science is doing a lot to find the early signs of one of the deadliest disease ‘cancer’. Cancer when identified at the last the stage, it becomes incurable and people suffering with the diseases suffers with unbearable pain before finally reaching for death.
Doctors claim that most of the cancer gives the early signs, but the cancer of colon and some other parts does not give any signs. And by the person come to know about it, it becomes too late to treat it.
However, the doctors and medical researchers are coming up with the innovative techniques of checking the inside of the human body and one such technique is Gastroscopy. This is a method in which a thin and flexible tube with a small camera fitted at the top of the tube is inserted inside the human body to take the inside of the body.
In Singapore, this technique is so far is very successful in identifying a number of chronic diseases that could also lead to cancer.
Problems that are identified by the Gastroscopy includes
- Stomach ulcers also called as peptic ulcers.
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease, also called as (GORD).
- Celiac disease.
- Barrett’s esophagus.
- Portal hypertension.
- Cancer of esophagus and stomach.
In addition to this the Gastroscopy is also being used to treat many of the diseases like
- To stop internal bleeding of stomach or esophagus, which often happens because of stomach ulcer or broken veins.
- It used to widen the narrowed esophagus.
- The method of treatment is also used to remove tumors that are cancerous as well as no cancerous and the foreign objects.
- It is also used for providing nutrients to the human body when a person becomes incapable of taking food through the mouth via the tube.
Use Facebook to Comment on this Post